08/07/09
On March 20th 2009, Andy and I bought our first home. It is in Fort Worth, only 3 miles from my mom! It is 2-story, 3-bedroom, 2-1/2 bath, and in a culdesac with fantastic neighbors! In fact, we are in walking distance from Lake Arlington and can see it from our guest bedroom. When we first moved in, all the walls were painted cream and were filthy! There were some minor holes in walls and a few plumbing issues. Andy fixed the plumbing and I patched and painted. It has turned out beautiful. I have also planted a garden in our HUGE backyard. I'm growing okra, tomatos, bell peppers, cantelope, watermelon, and black-eyed-peas. Our yard is so big that we had to go on Craigs List and buy a riding lawn mower. Yesterday we decided it was time to get us a better tv instead of our big old tube which has horrible resolution. We went to Best Buy and bought a 42" LCD flat-screen for $600 cash. Now I've got to redecorate the living room a little bit. :) But that's always fun to do!
Another exciting thing for us right now is that we've just about completed our financial goals that we set when we got married. Our biggest goal was to be debt-free and have a $10,000 emergency fund set up. We now have our emergency fund and the only debt we now have is our house and Andy's motorcycle, which we're trying to sell. It is so exciting being financially free!

No comments:
Post a Comment